These blog pieces are a collection of my best recent finds from the Lofi Hip Hop, Chillhop, and other adjacent scenes such as Ambient, Funk or Jazz. The issue opens with ten dope tracks, followed by personal & label updates. It would mean the world to me if you followed, supported or reached out to the featured artists. Follow me on IG as well!
1. "A Good Day" by jüle. sounds like he woke up on a "new day, new me" type of vibe. Sounds fresh, curious, and full of life.
3. "The Art of Peer Pressure'" by Mr.Shirai will get you in an upbeat, sunny mood. This track sounds like a summer evening on a day off work / school.
5. "Wisdom" by DaRealDido has an amazing groove like the rest in this selection, and carries a free, funky melody on top.
8. "Seadrift" by Easy Deviance is an uplifting joint, with a laid back energy. Nice to throw on a lazy sunday.
10. "Paradise" by STUTS is insane- a bit experimental as far as this blog is concerned, but I recently discovered STUTS and their production style / quality is unrivaled.
As usual, I've been a bit busy with background things. I'm trying to step up my consistency in curation & blogging, and lately I've been tied down by my new collective, urban japan. It started as a side idea, but a few of our Japanese team members have championed the movement and have been moving forward at the speed of light, forcing me to keep up lol. I love it. Crazy opportunities have grown from this one, small idea.
Expect Tsunami business to ramp up soon! June / July will be a pretty fun and busy time for our labels.
Other than that, most of my/our upcoming work is still secret and under production. Stay tuned and thanks for checking the curation out!
Our two current events are ending May 30th!! Learn more and get your submissions in at our website.
Thanks for taking the time to read this issue and I hope you heard / saw something that made you vibe. If you'd like to help me out, you can donate here, or you can just support our music label by following & streaming our playlists.