Welcome to "Vibe with Damon", a bi-weekly blog highlighting ten dope beats from the Lofi / Jazz-funk, Chillhop scene. To submit your music for consideration, use our labels submission portal. To connect with me, Follow me on IG!
1. "overcast" by Nel Gabriel plays on my deep love for that California flavor. The beat also evolves beautifully, dropping into a new atmosphere around 1:23 with smooth arpeggios, piano, and a funky bassline. Blending the best of melodic and groovy.
2. "Zebra Plant" by Foliage Beats reminds me of the 1990s. The track is raw, crunchy, and evokes a California summer with a strong scent of Old Spice cologne. That walking bassline and all the percussive elements make this a great tune for me.
3. "Cherry Blossoms" by Yles, RINZ is a crispy, lighthearted, day-time vibe. Exceptional mixing and production quality as usual from these two. Dry percussion, guitar chords and melodies make me feel as if summer is just right around the corner.
4. "flame fluids" by T.Check, Zmeyev is a nice and easy-going track fit for laid back listening. Really subtle bell-tone keys are played over a sax in the background, complimented by a steady, classic Lo-fi drumline.
5. "Crystallized" by Goson is a soothing vibe. His music is always very well-produced, careful to touch all the details while still keeping it simple. The guitar licks and the subtle arpeggios on this one is what completes it for me.
6. "Daytime Pajamas" by Low Key Trampoline, Odem Medo is absolutely beautiful. It's exactly what I would expect from these two artists, who both blend a very folk and organic element into their styles.
7. "never" by re:plus, Osamu Fukuzawa is an interesting one. Not your typical beats-oriented track, but instead it fades in and out of an intimately smooth taste. Combining Osamu Fukuzawa's unique production style with re:plus's skillful composition, this is a game-changing track that bends expectations. I love it.
8. "Same Old" by Vooo is a Jazzy gem that helped jumpstart my morning routine the other day. Featuring optimistic keys and bells over a dry drumline, this is what I would imagine Orange juice sounded like, if it were a song.
9. "Integral JaZz" by CrazyJaZz, Fred Paci is a fiercely hot track. Maybe it's just me, but I want spring and summer to come already. My latest music selections have echoed that. This track will be on rotation during the next heat wave.
10. "Don't want you on my mind" by cay caleb was recommended by my friend JayDottcee, and it certainly slaps. I'm putting together a new playlist for rap/Hip Hop instrumental purposes, and this track got me and my friend freestyling the other day, back-to-back.
Thanks for taking the time to check out my top 10 selections! Please subscribe at the bottom of the page to be notified when new issues are released!
You can find all featured music and more at our official playlists on Spotify.