This blog is a collection of my favorite tracks from my Japanese curations, done for the Lofi Japan playlist on both Apple music & Spotify. Each blog contains 10 tracks from the playlist, followed by news & updates. To submit to this selection, or to learn more about our Japan operations, visit our Urban Japan discord server!
1. "Surprise Town" by Jambo Lacquer is one of the happiest, nostalgic songs I've heard in a while. It feels like a dusk afternoon, set in the orange sunset of a sleepy city.
2. "4 Ever" by grooveman Spot is another one of those uplifting tracks for a late afternoon day. Something about the sax in these two tracks that send me back to the 90's era.
3. "HARU" by Pajaumi is a jazzy, sunny beat to get you in an uplifted mood. The track continuously evolves and stays fresh!
4. "Peace" by Chill Soul Labo is more chill than the previous tracks; an invitation to relax under a trees shade, or to gaze out at the sunset.
6. "Luv by GORO KUMAI is a fun, jumpy track for the high energy vibes. Perfect for days in the city!
9. "mist" by DJ Ryow a.k.a. Smooth Current has a laid-back feel to the groove, with evolving piano melodies and other subtle additions.
10. "Rain Reverb" by Hidefumi Kenmochi has an energetic, fun groove that continues to evolve throughout the whole song.
This is the first official rotation for our new playlist, Lofi Japan! With this curation I'll be showcasing music strictly from Japan, hoping to introduce my following to artists overseas and to also give Japan a platform for more overseas discovery & influence in the Lofi / Chill / Ambient beat scenes.
This playlist will be occasionally changing album covers to reflect different themes and artist takeovers. This current cover is a photo by artist birds humming the beat.
Thanks for taking the time to read this issue and I hope you heard / saw something that made you vibe. If you'd like to help me out, you can donate here, or you can just support our music label by streaming our playlists (below).